[Evolution] Getting just the right experience

Hi all,

I'm writing this for any newbies like me who want to configure Evolution to suit
their taste...

I found a few things less than perfect:
 1) Unread message markers appeared only in INBOX, no other folders
 2) Those annoying "new mail" graphics at the upper right of my screen
 3) It took too long between message checks
 4) The fonts weren't exactly for my eyesight

Solutions:

1) Edit=>preferences=>(my_mail_account)=>edit=>receiving_options: I checked "Check
for new mail in all folders". This was particularly helpful because before I found
that I had been manually going to every folder to get it to get mail.

2) Edit=>preferences=>Plugins=>Mail_notification: I unchecked that and right away
stopped Evolution and restarted it.

3) Edit=>preferences=>(my_mail_account)=>edit=>receiving_options: I checked "check
for new mail every" and then I put 3 for the number of minutes. Your mileage may
vary: You might want 1 minute or 10 minutes. Or you might want it to check only when
you want it to, in which case you uncheck the "check for new mail every" box.

4) Edit=>preferences=>Mail_preferences=>General_tab: I set my fonts and minimum font
size to suit my eyesight.

My compliments to the Evolution project for not requiring either Gnome or systemd,
because I have neither. I init with runit and have Openbox for my user interface,
and Evolution works perfectly under these conditions. Thanks for making Evolution so
universal.

Keep up the good work. Evolution is the best email client around!

SteveT