Re: [Evolution] Disable the message pop-up alarm

On Wed, 2022-07-06 at 17:42 -0600, Jim Arner wrote:
How does one disable the 'new e-mail' pop-up alarm (sound and display)?  Those
are somewhat annoying.

I'm using Evolution 3.36.5-0ubuntu1 on Linux Mint 20.3

It's done via a plugin which can be turned off via the plugin config -
which in your older version I think is at Edit->Plugins, otherwise it
will be in Edit->Preferences.

Fine control over how it looks is done via the Gnome settings app.

I have edited /etc/xdg/autostart/org.gnome.Evolution-alarm-
notify.desktop as
below: 'NotShowIn'

That's only for alarm notifications, not new mail notifications.

P.