Re: [Evolution] Evolution version 3.36.5-0ubuntu1 - Keyboard shortcuts and customisation of appearance

4. Is it possible to change the appearance of Evolution - folder
colour, colour of toolbar, column headers etc. - in a css file?

There is no "themeing" in Evolution - all appearance is set by the
system theme.

5. If yes, where do I find the location of the profile file is located?
6. Is there any 'about:config' setting to be changed and where is that
done?

Not sure what you mean here. If you want to change the configuration of
Evolution then that's done under Edit -> Preferences. There are other
configuration file locations (see the section under Help -> Contents on
"Data storage locations") and some configuration is stored in dconf,
but you really don't want to go fiddling with those if you don't know
what you are doing

7. Is there a site where I can see examples of customisations, i.e.
code etc.

It's a Gnome application, there isn't much in the way of customisation
possible to make it pretty or "unique".  There is a Plugin/Extension
mechanism, but it's not meant for users really, it's development
system.  But see

 https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Extensions

Some of that may not correspond to your version of Evolution since 3.36
is quite old now and no longer supported.

P.