Re: [Evolution] calendar and email syncing issues

On Thu, 2022-01-20 at 12:06 +0100, James Morgan wrote:
Could you explain how I could
automate keyring daemon login with dbus please.

        Hi,
Andre is right, though I can give you at least some pointers I think
are related, with no assurance whether it'll work also for you.

A gnome-keyring package I have installed here installs, among other
things, these files:

  /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.secrets.service
  /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.gnome.keyring.service
  /etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.desktop
  /etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-keyring-secrets.desktop

The files can be found near the bottom of this page:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-keyring/-/tree/master/daemon
but they require tweaking, as they are built files (search for the
variables of the form "@VARIABLE@" and replace with the actual value in
your system, like for example "@bindir@" most likely expands into
"/usr/bin" (quotes for clarity only)). I'd expect your distro provides
some or all of these files as well, properly built and set up.

The libsecret library the evolution(-data-server) code uses is
connecting to the org.freedesktop.secrets D-Bus service.
        Bye,
        Milan