Re: [Evolution] Strange result from copying

On Mon, 2022-01-17 at 01:33 +0100, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list wrote:
On Sun, 16 Jan 2022 13:03:22 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
the result of copying from Firefox to Vi, then from Vi to Evolution

This is probably an issue caused by conversion of character encoding to/from vi. So the issue likely is neither caused by Firefox nor by
Evolution. The culprit likely is vi, or more precise, it's most likely the user of vi.

Apart from this The NY Times is seemingly written in Mojibake: https://cn.nytimes.com/

Btw. information similar to

$ locale | head -1; echo $LANG
LANG=en_US.utf8
en_US.utf8

is more related to the issue, than information about the amount of available RAM.

However, consider to google for vi/vim character encoding. I only would use vi in case of need and never ever as clipboard.

I think you have things backward.  Copying through vi fixes the text; direct copying makes it weird.  Or do misunderstand you.

Anyway:
$ locale | head -1; echo $LANG
LANG=en_US.US-ASCII
en_US.US-ASCII

--
Sincerely Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh pacbell net>

	There is a great deal of ruin in a nation.
	--Adam Smith