Re: [Evolution] Old emails missing

On Thu, 2022-01-13 at 22:36 -0800, Alex Doll wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Wright via evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org>
Subject: [Evolution] Old emails missing
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 00:19:59 -0500

I'm not sure if this is an Evolution problem or a Dovecot problem.
I run a private email server (Postfix 3.4.13, Dovecot 2.3.7.2) and,
after a recent failure and reinstall, I can't find my old emails.
Dovecot, using imap, is pointing to the correct directory, and the
old emails are there, but for some reason Evolution (3.40.4-1) only
sees the mail that's arrived since the reinstall.

Which got reinstalled, Evo or Dovecot?  Or both?

Dovecot.

Does Dovecot actually serve the files to a different email client --
there might be a permissions problem or something else keeping
Dovecot from reading the old emails.

If you have the old evolution directory in your home, perhaps try
renaming and starting with a blank directory?  Make sure Evo is shut
down completely before renaming the folder:

evolution --force-shutdown

I'll give that a shot!

Ken