Re: [Evolution] Help configuring debugging

Milan -

Thanks for your reply.

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 11:24 AM Milan Crha via evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org> wrote:
On Mon, 2022-01-10 at 10:45 -0500, Bridger Dyson-Smith via evolution-
list wrote:
> CAMEL_DEBUG=all

        Hi,
using CAMEL_DEBUG=all is a very bad idea. There's nobody to read what
it can generate. Try to avoid that and use only targeted debugging, in
your case the EWS debugging.

Noted!
> I've also tried launching from the command line; e.g. `) EWS_DEBUG=2
> CAMEL_DEBUG=all evolution >& evolution-debugging-2022-01-10.txt`, but
> without any significant change in the output.

The bracket looks odd, maybe it's just a copy&paste thing.

I use a `)` at my prompt - I should probably change it at some point :)

Try this (it should print the data into the terminal):

   $ EWS_DEBUG=2 evolution

or you can try (also in your script):

   $ export EWS_DEBUG=2
   $ evolution

To be hundred percent sure any background evolution is not running
before you start it from a terminal do:

   $ evolution --quit

first, and then verify it's not running by:

   $ ps ax | grep evolution

It can print several evolution-data-server processes, which is fine.
You are looking for the `evolution` process itself.

> I'm using the following packages:
> evolution-3.42.1
> evolution-data-server-3.42.1
> evolution-ews-3.42.1

I guess there's no Flatpak involved, but checking anyway, just in case.
No Flatpak, sadly. In a typical twist of FOSS fate, I use Evolution/EWS v3.40.1 in XFCE on a Void Linux laptop without any issues. I've wondered if this is tied to some missing Gnomish stuff, but I haven't been able to set aside the time to investigate indepth.

        Bye,
        Milan

Your advice definitely has me on the right track - thank you very kindly!
Best,
Bridger