Re: [Evolution] Evolution and Radicale Caldav server problem

On Mon, 2022-01-10 at 09:39 +0100, Johannes Winterhalter wrote:
The same happens on multiple computers with Kali Linux and Opensuse
Tumbleweed.

        Hi,
that does not tell much about the Evolution version, at least to those
people not using those distros (I'm one of them).

[WARNING] Bad PUT request on '/[calendar-object-name-shortende].ics':
"In transformToNative, unhandled exception on line None: <class
'ValueError'>: at least one component is needed (<VTIMEZONE|
[<TZID{}Europe/Berlin>, <X-LIC-LOCATION{}Europe/Berlin>]>)"

What is the Radicale version you use, please? The 3.1.0 version has a
note in their release notes about "Fix compatibility with Evolution
(Exceptions from recurrence rules)", but I've no idea whether it's
related.

As your error mentions time zones, maybe you face:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/-/issues/371
which had been fixed for the recent 3.42.3 release, but that was more
for the tasks, than for events.

When you search https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server
and https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution for "radicale" (quotes for
clarity only), you will find some hits about issues with the Radicale
server.

        Bye,
        Milan