Re: [Evolution] Setting default font for outgoing HTML mail

On Thu, 2022-02-10 at 14:09 +0100, Koch, Alexander via evolution-list
wrote:
So I've been wrapping my head around trying to find the right option
from the settings window in Evolution 3.42.3 but I couldn't find any.
I'd really appreciate having a way of making my messages define a
font without manually selecting it every time.

        Hi,
the bug #568311 had been understood as the font option in the composer
itself, not as a setting in Preferences to have the default font for
the HTML messages, thus there is no such option to have preselected
certain font.

You can make any changes in the composer on your own using the WebKit
editor plugin facility, which is included since 3.42.2 [1].

To make it easier for you, simply create a file named for example
body-font.js into:

  ~/.local/share/evolution/webkit-editor-plugins/

with the following content (lines with "-------" meant only as
a delimiter from this message body):

'use strict';

var localhostBodyFontPlugin = {
        name : "localhostBodyFontPlugin",
        setup : function(doc) {
                if (doc.body) {
                        doc.body.setAttribute("style", "font-family:monospace;")
                }
        }
};

EvoEditor.RegisterPlugin(localhostBodyFontPlugin);

and the next time you open a composer window (no need to restart
Evolution) it'll set a "monospace" font on the composer's body. It
doesn't care whether it's an HTML message or a Plain text message (the
later would drop it on send anyway, it changes only visual part there),
neither whether it's a new message, reply, edit as new or ..., nor the
font combo understands that font override. Any such thing would require
much more code.

        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Extensions#Preview_and_WebKit_Editor_plugins