Re: [Evolution] Restoring Evolution

On Tue, 2022-08-30 at 10:29 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
My guess is, that Evolution isn't the culprit, but tar is the
culprit.

The only reliable mechanism to verify a tar archive is valid is to
table it.  :(

Table-After-Creation is a good rule.

I know it's no solace to the OP, but my experience is that people don't
care about backups and their integrity until they need one and it
doesn't work.  No matter how many times you tell people to check the
backups, they never do - until that fateful day and they realise "I
should have listened".

P.