Re: [Evolution] 3.36.5-0ubuntu1

On Sun, 2021-10-31 at 01:15 +0000, ronbillock via evolution-list wrote:
I am pretty new to Ubuntu and VERY new to Evolution. I have been
struggling to get Evolution to sync with NextCloud. Currently the
specific error I am getting deals with adding or deleting. Error
adding contact - Cannot add contact: SQLite error code '8':attempt to
write to a read only database. I get the same error when I try to
delete a contact. Please help.

You need to check the ownership and permissions on the database files.
I think in your version they should be in

   ~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook

Subfolders of that contain the actual databases. Make sure that all
files are owned and writeable by your Ubuntu username. Use chown and
chmod to ensure that they are.

P.