Re: [Evolution] export message to mbox and then process with script

On Mon, 2021-10-18 at 18:44 +0000, Gilchrist, Michael Aaron via
evolution-list wrote:
I often want to save a message as a simple txt file.
Currently, I export a message I want to save to a .mbox file and then run a
script on it to extract the text.  The script uses the From, Date, and Subject
information to automatically generate a meaningful file name.  I'm wondering how
I can automate this.

I don't think there's a way of sending an individual message directly
to a pipe or script.  You can, of course, apply filters to a message,
and a filter can result in the message being piped to a script - but
you can only apply all the filters, you can't apply a single filter.

One possibility is to save the message to a specific directory and have
a cron job scan that directory for mbox files and apply your script to
them.

P.