Re: [Evolution] Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) – evolution 3.38.3-1 – terminate ' called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'

On Thu, 2021-11-11 at 03:30 +0100, Christian Focke wrote:
On Wed, 10 Nov 2021 22:50:19 +0100, Stephen Duck wrote:

Andre, Milan, you do a wonderful thing for which I have been very grateful for your advice in the past.

Stephen, I completely agree; and Evolution is a very fine piece of
software – for me, the best e-mail client in the universe.

But I do wonder if this continual exhortation around not top
posting, lecturers on email etiquette and other misdemeanours is
unhelpful and unfriendly at best to those
who come here for support.

Stephen, Thanks for that; I couldn't have phrased it better.

The issue really is that many of the things that are posted here are
extremely technical and are complex and need multiple levels of answers
and replies that need context.

I mean what if I just put at the top of this message "I disagree" and
that's it.  What am I disagreeing with? That Andre and Milan do a
wonderful thing? That the OP has been grateful? Yes, that's a trivial,
silly example, but it's the sort of thing that people post.

Yes, people come here for help; some of us even voluntarily come here
*to* help. But that volunteer spirit is sometimes tested to the extreme
when people don't try and help themselves first or make it difficult to
help them sensibly. What do you want us to do? I would have thought
asking people to modify their replying style to help us to help them is
a fairly minor request. The fact you are getting peeved at all the
messages asking for this and that it is getting tedious is some
indication of the issues being faced.

P.