Re: [Evolution] What triggers asking for set up

On Thu, 2021-05-27 at 10:13 -0500, Anonymous Japhering via evolution-
list wrote:
Lately,  about every 3rd kernel update when I bring up the rebuilt
Evolution,  it comes up asking
me to enter all my accounts again ( 8 currently).  So what triggers
that ask if I'm only doing
updates?

        Hi,
accounts are managed by an evolution-source-registry process. As you
use a Flatpak version, it leaves the evolution-data-server background
processes running even when you close Evolution itself (similarly as
the host system version does). Maybe there happened something to it.
I suggest you to run this command before rebuilding:

   $ flatpak kill org.gnome.Evolution

which will kill all the related processes (those having /app in the
path reported by the `ps ax | grep evolution`).

Whether there happened anything with the 'config' directory used in the
flatpak I do not know. That's stored on the host machine at:

   ~/.var/app/org.gnome.Evolution/config/

if I'm not mistaken.

In any case, this is Flatpak, you do not need to rebuild the
application just because you updated kernel.
        Bye,
        Milan