Re: [Evolution] Accessing desktop from x2go messes up evolution until local reboot

On Fri, 2021-05-07 at 10:37 -0500, Daffy Duck via evolution-list wrote:
But this doesn't seem to work anymore.  I have to completely reboot
the
machine, it seems, to just get evolution working on the local machine
once I log in once from x2go remotely.

        Hi,
I've no idea how x2go works. You already had some threads here about
it. I doubt Evolution itself changed anything related, the change might
be lower in the stack, in the libraries/executables Evolution uses, or
somewhere else.

You might know Evolution is not only Evolution (like the standalone
Thunderbird, for example), it talks to the evolution-data-server
background processes to get to the data, and these talk to other
processes, like gnome-keyring-deamon, goa-daemon, and so on, but not
directly, they talk to it by using the libraries for it.

With this all on mind, you do not need to restart the whole machine, it
should be enough to restart the needed processes. I'd start with the
data server processes, which are the easiest, just add at the beginning
of your script this:

   evolution --force-shutdown

and it'll do it. When you start Evolution, it'll auto-start the data
server processes as well. If there are other problems, like with the
keyring, then kill it first too, or even start it, before the --force-
shutdown call. Find the past thread about the keyring from 2019-11
here.

This doesn't let you running two Evolution-s at the same time, one on
the host machine and one in the x2go session. I do not know whether
it's a problem for you or not.

        Bye,
        Milan