Re: [Evolution] Evolution keeps asking for my passwords

On 2021-03-24 at 15:01 -0700, Steven Taylor wrote:
Hi, I have had evolution 3.36.4-0ubuntu1 running for about a week now
on my Kubuntu 20.04 system and it has been fine. Today, when I booted
the system, it said an application wanted access to my keyring so I
entered my password for that and started Evolution. Now every time
Evolution checks my mail, it asks for my email passwords, I put them
in, sometimes leaveing the "Store password in the keyring" box
checked, sometimes with the box cleared. Everytime, it goes ahead and
retrievesmy mail okay, but the next time, it asks for the password
again. It has never done this before now and I haven't made any
changes. I am about ready to go back to Opera as my mail client.

evolution isn't able to communicate with your keyring. Thus it is
asking the password everytime (and is unable to save it, and thus it
gets asked again next time). If there really wasn't any change, I would
reboot and see if it gets picked properly, as it may be the quickest
solution. Otherwise, you can start by shutting doen all evolution
processes (eolution --force-shutdown), checking the keyring contenst
(open seahorse)...

Best regards