Re: [Evolution] Evolution-Updated version for Windows 10

On Mon, 2021-03-22 at 10:30 +0000, Bob Moore via evolution-list wrote:
Hi, I use Evolution as my main email program in Fedora Linux.

Is there a version of Evolution for windows that I can use to
transfer over to when using my Windows 10 PC?

I dual boot Fedora 33 / Evolution with Windows 10 on the same PC (but
separate drives)

As Angel pointed out already, there is no such version for Windows. A
very long time ago there used to be, but it's completely outdated and
unsupported (and probably never worked well in any case, though I have
no experience of it). You might be able to run the Linux version under
WSL, which I understand can now support graphical environments. You
would have to install a Linux distro under WSL and try it. Consult
Windows forums for more information.

However this begs the question: why do you want to do this? Most people
access their mail on multiple platforms without needing to port a
specific MUA. I use IMAP exclusively, which makes it easier, but even
if I didn't do that it can be done using POP or Exchange.

poc