Re: [Evolution] editing members of a contact list

On Fri, 2021-03-05 at 08:47 -0800, Brewster Gillett wrote:
Running EVO 3.38.4 under Fedora 33

I have scoured the help files accompanying the software, and those I
could find on the Web, and I cannot find the instructions for editing
the individual elements of a contact list. In other words, deleting
list members, or changing a list member's email address. Every manual
entry I can find stops before discussing that level of granularity.

Where can I find this?

Hi,

first add a contact to an address book, after that add that contact to a
list. If you want to edit this contact, that is member of a list, edit
this contact in the address book, so the list gets automagically synced
with the edited contact of the address book. This at least worked for a
"foo and bar" test I've done right now with Evolution 3.38.4 on Arch
Linux.

I can confirm, that after adding somebody to a list, that isn't a member
of an address book, there seems to be no way to edit this contact, other
than deleting it and adding it again.

Regards,
Ralf