Re: [Evolution] Spam filter suddenly blocking emails from my address book

On Tue, 2021-03-02 at 17:59 +0100, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list wrote:
On Tue, 2021-03-02 at 16:43 +0000, Douglas Summers via evolution-list
wrote:
Not sure what happened, as the version I'm using - v3.36.4 on Linux
Mint
v20.1 - hasn't changed in a while. I've explicitly added both the
Evolution mailing list and Linux Mint forum emails to my personal
address
book to prevent them from being labeled as spam. Starting 3 days ago,
this
stopped working. I even tried going back to the original version of
the
bogofilter database with no luck.

Could this be happening on the server level; i.e., from Outlook?

POP account mails checked by Bogofilter will get marked within
Evolution, if the server does filtering, too, it will either catch them
and move them on the server side to a junk folder or delete them or
change the subject to something mentioning spam or ... . However,
bogofilter does not interact with any external data base or a server,
spamassasin does interact with external data bases. IMAP accounts? If
so, bogofilter probably isn't a reasonable tool.

I'm going to test disabling spam filtering in Evolution and go with the
server-side blocking to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks for all the replies, everyone!