Re: [Evolution] Force FROM address for particular recipient

-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Force FROM address for particular recipient
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 21:50:03 +0100

Thanks, but I must not be understanding.  At Edit -> Preferences ->
Composer Preferences -> Send Account I see tmy 3 accounts.  I selected
the one I want to always be the FROM for a particular account.  I have
a test Yahoo account which I then entered in the box at the lower
right, then clicked Close.

I then composed an email in one of the other accounts TO that test
Yahoo account, but when it arrived, the FROM address had not been
changed.

It works if you reply to a message.  When replying the default sending
account is the folder the message is received in: the sending account
override alters that behaviour.

Presumably the thought is that if you are composing a new message you
would set the correct sending account anyway.

P.
That is my intention, but way too often I don't even notice which account has focus when I begin to compose a new message.  That's the case I was hoping for a solution to.

Thanks for the suggestion, though - Peter