Re: [Evolution] Rules bug?

On Mon, 2021-07-26 at 12:31 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
What I think Adam is getting at is that using Evolution, a desktop
client, to redirect mail means that that redirection only occurs when
the application is running on the desktop. When it's not running, the
redirection doesn't happen.

The default WHEN EVOLUTION IS RUNNING is for the filter-forwarded email to go to the outbox and
sit there, maybe forever.  (And not even the outbox of the account where the filter ran, but the
On This Computer outbox.  Which I check all the time.  NOT.)

The only way to change that default is to go to the command line and run

gsettings set org.gnome.evolution.mail flush-outbox true

It's stunning that there are greybeards on this list defending this state of affairs.