Re: [Evolution] New to Evolution and with 3 difficulties already

On Tue, 2021-07-20 at 15:59 +0100, jorge santos via evolution-list
wrote:
1) [Gmail] folder structure where I would like to have my Gmail
emails folders with a "flat" structure like explained
here: https://www.gyrocode.com/articles/how-to-hide-gmail-folder-in-mozilla-thunderbird-using-imap/

        Hi,
I do not think you want to do that, it hides any folders not being
under [Gmail] (I have such myself). Anyway, it can be done by editing
underlying files (because it's an advanced option, for advanced users).
Search files under ~/.config/evolution/sources, you are interested in
those having [Imapx Backend] section. There is a DisplayName in the
file, which can help you to identify the right file, in case you've
configured more IMAP accounts. Edit the file and change these values
under the [Imapx Backend]:

   Namespace=the_path_to_use
   UseNamespace=true

That would be probably:

   Namespace=[Gmail]

but I'm not sure. It's not the same as what the Thunderbird does.

2) I would like to order my Gmail mail folders as I wish like
explained
here: https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/addon/manually-sort-folders/?src=cb-dl-mostpopular

Depending on your Evolution version, Folder->Edit Sort Order... menu
option.

3) On the Contacts side, Evolution shows, by default, "LASTNAME,
FIRSTNAME". I want to make it "FIRSTNAME LASTNAME".

If you mean the mini card view, then it uses the File As attribute.

        Bye,
        Milan