Re: [Evolution] Folder confusion

On Tue, 2021-01-19 at 03:35 +0000, Douglas Summers via evolution-list
wrote:
[LM 20.1, Evolution 3.36.4, Hotmail via EWS]

Something really strange happened to one of my folders on Outlook. I
tried
to move a sub-folder to the top-level...and it just vanished! In a
panic,
I tried to restart Evolution, but every time I tried to kill some of the
leftover processes, my system would log me off after entering my sudo
password. After rebooting, I logged into my email account via browser
and
it was there, right where I'd put it. However, Evolution has no idea
where
it is.

If I need to purge some files, please let me know which. I don't want to
do a blanket purge of Evolution's cache, as I find some of my (in
Evolution) screen settings disappear.

As a test, I renamed $HOME/.cache/evolution and let it rebuild itself; so
far, so good, only lost my Calendar colors AFAIK. The worst part was the
crashing after killing the Evolution processes - xfce4-session kept core-
dumping, even when I logged in from the CTRL-ALT-F1 console as root!