Re: [Evolution] Taskbar/Panel New Mail Indicator?

On Mon, 2021-01-04 at 12:45 +0100, Andre Klapper via evolution-list wrote:
On Sun, 2021-01-03 at 21:52 -0500, Paul B. via evolution-list wrote:
What I'm looking for is a persistent taskbar indicator.

See the many past conversations why "show some app icons in some system
tray, but for some reason don't show other running apps there" makes no
sense and why GNOME got rid of the system tray concept many years ago.

Notifications exist - that's your "new mail indicator". :)

For what it's worth, to do exactly this I am using New Mail Indicator,
which is a GNOME shell extension, that also works with the Dash to Panel
(i.e., bottom of screen) GNOME shell extension. In each case, the
(persistent) indicator is a gray "open envelope" when there is no new mail,
which changes to a red/orange "closed envelope" when new mail arrives.

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/1505/new-mail-indicator/

Hope that helps.

JV