Re: [Evolution] Safety of removing .cache files

On Fri, 2021-01-01 at 14:43 -0700, Zan Lynx wrote:
No. It's easily possible not to run Evolution: Just don't start it.

Yeah, right. I know for a fact that these Evolution data server bits
will access data when you least expect it. I just haven't looked
recently to see what particular data is used.

You seem to mix up two very different things:
Evolution and evolution-data-server.

I don't use Evolution on this Ubuntu machine. I've never configured it.

Then I wonder what brings you to this mailing list...

I have used Evolution in the past. I've even done development on it.

Then I'm even more surprised that you don't seem to know the difference
between Evolution and Evolution-Data-Server. The original topic was
about mail cache and making sure Evolution is not running, while you
posted about unrelated Evolution-Data-Server daemons (plus Evolution-
Data-Server has no background daemons for mail parts anyway, AFAIK).

Yeah I think I recognize your name from past conversations and you
never have been willing to understand other people's problems.

I think I understood and acceptably summarized the problem in the
previous paragraph of this message. :)

Cheers,
andre

--