Re: [Evolution] Safety of removing .cache files

It's always safe to remove cached files. Evo will just recreate them if
needed. Just be sure that Evo isn't running when you do it.

That is quite a caveat to add on there.

Evolution has so many small daemon pieces that it is almost impossible to tell if it is "running" and nearly impossible to prevent it from running.

I don't use Evolution on this Ubuntu machine. I've never configured it. And yet there are four /usr/libexec/evolution-* processes running. If you kill one DBUS semi-randomly restarts it.

I don't know if those cache files are ever touched by evolution-data-server but it is something to keep in mind.

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil