Re: [Evolution] Evolution caught in endless authentication loop

On Sat, 2021-02-20 at 14:41 -0800, Ullrich Fischer via evolution-list
wrote:
549 incoming email messages ago (3 days), my Evolution email client
stopped being able to send/receive email messages.  Whenever I hit
that Send/Receive button, I get into an endless loop of the program
asking me to authenticate with gmail.com.   I enter my gmail address
and password, press Yes on my phone to acknowledge that it is me (2
factor authentication), then accept the page that tells me all the
things gnome can now do to my email.  In the past, (before 3 days
ago) this process popped up whenever I rebooted my laptop and left
Evolution fully functional until the next time I rebooted, but now it
just goes right back to asking for my gmail authentication.    WTF?
Is there any fix for this on the horizon or should I try yet a 3rd
email client for my Ubuntu 20.04 setup?

You ask "is there a fix on the horizon" as if there is something wrong
with Evolution. Lots of people are happily using Evo with Gnome
accounts; there is probably something up with your configuration.

You don't say which desktop you are using, but make sure you have
gnome-keyring running (that's the application Evolution uses to store
the authentication credentials).

P.