Re: [Evolution] Cannot connect to Evolution with Google

On Mon, 2021-02-15 at 08:31 -0500, Daniel Caron via evolution-list
wrote:
Now I received a message saying 0Auth2 not found from Evo.

        Hi,
it depends what precisely you did. It's much better to have defined all
your Google sources as a single account, rather than multiple of them
(separate mail, separate calendar,...), thus you enter the credentials
only once. Using Edit->Accounts->Add->Collection account, or
File->New->Collection account, and fill there your Gmail address and
then just Next->Next->Next->... with some modifications as you might
wish them, is the easiest and working way to create the Google account.

The error message itself, when you get "OAuth2 secret not found", you
should be also prompted to log in the Google account and that you agree
with sharing the data with the application/Evolution, similarly as you
did before, I guess. Once you do it again it'll be saved to the GNOME
keyring and that's all.

If you installed (and ran) gnome-keyring-daemon after the evolution(-
data-server) processes, then I suggest to execute:
   $ evolution --force-shutdown
to make sure the libsecret library (on the evolution-source-registry
process side) connects to the newly run gnome-keyring-daemon. You can
see what secrets you've stored in the keyring in an application called
"seahorse".

        Bye,
        Milan