Re: [Evolution] evolution fails to upload and download mail

On Mon, 2021-02-01 at 08:19 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

I tried running CAMEL_DEBUG but I always get the error Command Not
Found and have been unable to figure out what package includes the
tool.

CAMEL_DEBUG is a variable, not a command.  You set the variable to
indicate what you want debugging information on.  For instance if you
want to debug the IMAP I/O information then do

   CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution >& logfile

It will produce lots of output, hence why the output is redirected to
file.

This is all documented on the Evolution debugging pages

   https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Debugging

From your various messages on this, it looks like your configuration
has got corrupted.  Evolution works; lots of people, dare I say most,
use IMAP in this way.  You can verify that your system works by
creating a new Linux user with a clean configuration and connecting
your IMAP server using that account.

P.

Thanks for your help.  I ended up having a whole bunch of corrupted
settings and had to do a fresh install as that was a lot easier than
trying to trace down all the corrupted settings.  Or at least I
thought so until I got into redoing 10 years worth of desktop mods.
I had forgotten how many times I had moved my entire /home directory
from one computer to another.