[Evolution] evolution fails to upload and download mail

I am running evolution 3.36-1.

I've done some digging around and when starting evolution from a bash prompt I get the following error on startup: in bash: (evolution-alarm-notify:3796): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 16:32:46.025: Your application did not unregister from D-Bus before destruction. Consider using g_application_run()

In the gui when starting it fron there I get the folliowing error after the receiving two  authentician request popup windows asking for my password:  The reported error was “Failed to authenticate: IMAP server said BYE: Connection idle for too long”.

I have used a packet sniffer to see if there is any communication between evolution and my isp's mail server.  There is communication between the two, unfortunately it's a tls connection so I can't read exactly what is being communicated other than the url and the ports being used are correct.

I am sending this using kmail so the problem is evolution.  Something got corrupted somehow.  The first usage of the packet sniffer showed a corrupted url.  How that happened I don't know as I've had no computer crashes.  Instead of the url mobile.charter.net evolution was sending mobile.charter.net.xxxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx.  I don't remember the exact url it was being sent to but I know there for four extra 3 letter domains tacked onto the end of .net.

Also, I reset all the ports, mail server domain name, and my account name in Preferences.  That's after I realized the domain name evolution was sending was corrupted.

I tried running CAMEL_DEBUG but I always get the error Command Not Found and have been unable to figure out what package includes the tool.

Any help would be appreciated.