Re: [Evolution] evolution fails to upload and download mail

On Sunday, January 31, 2021 5:33:23 PM PST Gary Koskenmaki wrote:

> I am running evolution 3.36-1.

> I've done some digging around and when starting evolution from a bash prompt

> I get the following error on startup: in bash:

> (evolution-alarm-notify:3796): GLib-GIO- WARNING **: 16:32:46.025: Your

> application did not unregister from D-Bus before destruction. Consider

> using g_application_run()

> In the gui when starting it fron there I get the folliowing error after the

> receiving two authentician request popup windows asking for my password:

> The reported error was “Failed to authenticate: IMAP server said BYE:

> Connection idle for too long”.

> I have used a packet sniffer to see if there is any communication between

> evolution and my isp's mail server.  There is communication between the

> two, unfortunately it's a tls connection so I can't read exactly what is

> being communicated other than the url and the ports being used are correct.

> I am sending this using kmail so the problem is evolution.  Something got

> corrupted somehow.  The first usage of the packet sniffer showed a

> corrupted url.  How that happened I don't know as I've had no computer

> crashes.  Instead of the url mobile.charter.net evolution was sending

> mobile.charter.net.xxxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx.  I don't remember the exact url it

> was being sent to but I know there for four extra 3 letter domains tacked

> onto the end of .net.

> Also, I reset all the ports, mail server domain name, and my account name in

> Preferences.  That's after I realized the domain name evolution was sending

> was corrupted.

> I tried running CAMEL_DEBUG but I always get the error Command Not Found and

> have been unable to figure out what package includes the tool.

> Any help would be appreciated.

I forgot to include the following:  One other very strange thing happens.  I can send an email to myself.  They show up on my ISPs web interface,  But they do not get sent any further by my isp's mail server.  The only way I can access them is through the web interface.