Re: [Evolution] Keep same view for all folders, but show All Messages/Unread Messages folder specific

On Thu, 2021-12-09 at 17:56 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Thu, 2021-12-09 at 17:28 +0100, Vincent Hennebert via evolution-
list
wrote:
but I also have to manually
change the view to my customised version to each and every folder I
visit.

        Hi,
the default view is named Messages (in regular folders), thus if you
save your view changes as that name, all the folders using it will
use
it too. It's pretty nice way, from my point of view, but it's harder
notice.

Thanks Milan! Although isn’t the default view ‘For Wide View’ when I
select ‘Vertical View’ in View → Preview? At least that’s the view I’m
getting on folders I haven’t customised.

I had created my custom view a long time ago from this built-in
Vertical View. Back then I had saved it under its own name. I hadn’t
realised that overriding the built-in view would essentially be the
same as bulk applying the change to (nearly) all folders.

I actually like it better this way. I can get my favourite view on all
the regular folders, as well as more suitable views on special folders
like Sent.

I’m now going to disable the ‘Apply the same view settings to all
folders’ option and enjoy an improved user experience \o/

I’m so glad I asked!

Thanks again,
Vincent