[Evolution] calendar :: inconsistent alarm messaging

I'm using Evolution 3.36.5-0ubuntu1.

When it comes to calendar alarms, I have strange behavior when I do the
following:

- I enter a new appointment with completed fields "Summary", "Start
time" and "End time". This entry has a warning reminder of 15 minutes.
- Shortly before the appointment notification, I change the entry by
changing the "start" and "end time".
- The notification window does not care about the entry change. It
gives a warning about the previous "start time" (the one before the
change). Even if the entry is deleted, the warning for the deleted
entry is displayed.

What can I do to clear the wrong alert entries and get alerts that
match the calendar dates?

Rgds,
Matthias