[Evolution] Evolution Caldav SSO Access via GSSAPI/Kerberos - again

Dear List, dear Milan

   how can one access a caldav service from evolution
   using Kerberos/GSSAPI authentication?

       Hi,
it's currently not possible. The libsoup requires special code to
enable it, which is not implemented in the evolution-data-server yet.
As you found out, there is no GUI option for it as well.

a missing GUI option would not be a problem at all.

You may want to follow this bug report:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/105

I have stuided these entries but could not manage to get GSSAPI
working.

I just made a change to the evolution-data-server, for 3.40.4+, which
should work when the corresponding .source file is edited. I do not
have an account with which I could test this, thus it was a blind
change. See the above bug for more information.

Bye,
Milan

I have now built version 3.41.2 from source. The modifications
mentioned in the link above are contained.

The .source file is modified like this:

  [Authentication]
  Host=calendar
  Method=GSSAPI
  Port=80
  ProxyUid=system-proxy
  RememberPassword=true
  User=me
  CredentialName=
  IsExternal=false

Evolution keeps asking for a normal account/password, even after
restart of the complete evolution eco system.

Is there any debugging one can do? It seems that we are very close to
the goal.

Thanks and best regards

Torsten

Torsten Finke