Re: [Evolution] Searching emails with ews-accounts

On Mon, 2021-04-26 at 10:09 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Mon, 2021-04-26 at 08:34 +0200, Sorin Srbu via evolution-list wrote:
I can see the mail I wanted, but searching for it doesn't show it
strangely enough.
I am in the folder the mail is in and have "Show: All Messages" and
"Current Folder" selected.

      Hi,
could you be a bit more specific, please? What exactly are you
searching for, please? I mean, what the search look like. Is there any
change in the letters (lower case versus upper case), letter
modifications (umlauts and such), ...?

There had been done some search regressions in the 3.36.x series, but I
see the last fix had been done in time of the 3.36.4 version, which you
already have.
      Bye,
      Milan

Ah,specifics. Here goes:

I clicked on the Sent Items folder and entered "grace" (with no "") in the
search field at the top in Evolution.

The word "grace" was a keyword in the mails I wanted to find and which I
knew should be there.

The result I got back was the message "No message satifies your search
criteria...".

I also tried with "Grace" but got the same result.
No umlauts were used.

I then created a new Sent Items-folder, with a different name, in Evolution
in the same EWS-account, and moved all my sent mails to that folder.
Doing the same search in that folder seems to work.

Might there be a problem with those "special" folders Office 365 likes to
use, like Sent Items, Junk Mail, Drafts etc?

Does this info help anything?Please ask if you need more.

--

Sorin Srbu, Serverdrift
Tele: 08-524 84166