Re: [Evolution] Problem setting up iCloud account in Evolution - Folder parse error

On Wed, 2021-04-21 at 21:10 +0200, Kurt Scherffius wrote:
[imapx:A] I/O: '* CAPABILITY XAPPLEPUSHSERVICE IMAP4 IMAP4rev1
CONDSTORE ENABLE QRESYNC QUOTA NAMESPACE UIDPLUS CHILDREN BINARY
UNSELECT SORT CATENATE URLAUTH LANGUAGE ESEARCH ESORT
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES CONTEXT=SEARCH CONTEXT=SORT
WITHIN SASL-IR SEARCHRES METADATA ID XMSEARCH X-SUN-SORT ANNOTATE-
EXPERIMENT-1 X-UNAUTHENTICATE X-SUN-IMAP XUM1 MULTISEARCH IDLE LIST-
STATUS
A00001 OK Completed'
[imapx:A] I/O: 'A00002 NAMESPACE'
[imapx:A] I/O: '* NAMESPACE (("" "/")) NIL NIL
A00002 OK NAMESPACE completed (took 0 ms)'
[imapx:A] I/O: 'A00003 ENABLE CONDSTORE QRESYNC'
[imapx:A] I/O: 'A00003 OK ENABLE completed'
[imapx:A] I/O: 'A00004 LIST "" INBOX RETURN (CHILDREN SUBSCRIBED STATUS
(MESSAGES UNSEEN UIDVALIDITY UIDNEXT HIGHESTMODSEQ))'

        Hi,
this is interesting. I noticed it only now, after checking the code
slightly more closely. The LIST command, which the server rejects,
contains the 'RETURN (...)' part, which is supposed to be there,
according to the code, only if the server advertises LIST-EXTENDED
capability, but the server does not advertise it, it has only the
LIST-STATUS capability, which is responsible for the 'STATUS (...)'
part of the 'RETURN (...)' part.

In other words, without the 'LIST-EXTENDED' capability there should be
no 'RETURN (...)' in the LIST command.

I'll investigate and test this further, I did not notice anything
obvious on a quick code read, and I will update the following bug with
my finding (it'll be moved to the evolution-data-server, where the code
resides):
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/1468

        Bye,
        Milan