Re: [Evolution] Mail arrival notifications -- turning off sound

On Wed, 2021-04-07 at 22:29 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2021-04-07 at 15:46 -0500, Anonymous Japhering via evolution-
list wrote:
For years, I've paid attention to the popup from Evolution which give
synopsis
of the incoming message.  What
I wasn't aware of,  was the accompanying audio notification.

So the question is ... How does one turn off the audio notification
and
leave
the visual notification?

Evolution doesn't have a notification widget. I think what you are
seeing (and hearing) isn't coming from Evolution but from Gnome. Look
for 'notification' under Evo's Help. I don't use Gnome so I'm guessing
here.

It's in gnome-control-settings under notifications. From there you can
control whether sound is used for evolution notifications.

There's also "Mail Notification" under Plug-in Manager. From there you
can open the Open Gnome Notifications settings as well, which gets you
to the same place as above.

Finally there are dconf settings for it as well (which I presume is
what the above manipulates). Try something like

 dconf write /org/gnome/evolution/plugin/mail-notification/notify-sound-enabled false

Usual disclaimers about editing dconf values directly. And remember,
since you are using a flatpak version it's the dconf values in the
sandbox you need to change, not the ones for your desktop.

P.