Re: [Evolution] Fw: evolution fails to connect with Microsoft 365

On Mon, 2020-09-28 at 21:01 +0200, Price, Joseph via evolution-list
wrote:
Using Evolution 3.36.5-1 on Manjaro from its repo.
It will connect to my employers Microsoft 365 server.
I get the sms push from them during Duo authentication; I approve it
and it says I am authenticated.
But the client then shows this error, fails to get token...  The
email manager at work is puzzled and has asked Microsoft for input...

        Hi,
the error message says "Bad Request", followed by "invalid_grant"
error. If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw it too, it shows when the
application you use for connection doesn't match grants
required/requested by the evolution-ews. Did your admins follow the
instructions for the OAuth2 settings on the wiki page [1]? The OAuth2
login within evolution-ews links to it too.

Note there are users claiming the page is outdated [2], which can be,
due to the Azure web interface being changed since the wiki page was
written. I'm more than willing to update it, but I do not have a paid
account to verify what it changed to meanwhile and the developer
account requires filling a credit card, apart of other personal
information, which is something I'm not willing to give to the
Microsoft folks, I'm sorry.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/EWS/OAuth2