Re: [Evolution] Accepting Meeting Invite Options

On Wed, 2020-09-09 at 09:21 -0400, Josaphat Valdivia via evolution-list
wrote:
 - [ ] Preserve my reminder
 - [ ] Inherit reminder

I've read through the documentation on meetings and have done some
web
searching, but I still cannot for the life of me figure out what the
difference between the last two options is (_preserve_ vs _inherit_).

        Hi,
Evolution found an existing event for the invitation in one of your
calendars and both the invitation and your event have stored an alarm.
Either you can preserve your reminder, in your event, and ignore what
the organizer sends; or you can change your reminder to the one the
organizer sent; or, hmm, they seem to be mutually exclusive; I doubt
(I also didn't try it) unchecking both will remove the reminder.

A related issue I've been having is that I can't figure out how to
add my own reminder if the meeting organizer has not set one.

I thought it's possible, or only for some calendars, because I can
double-click a meeting not being organized by me, switch to the
Reminders tab and change the Reminder from None to some other. It can
be the Exchange server will reject the change, it can have its own
rules on making changes to meetings.
        Bye,
        Milan