Re: [Evolution] Printing Mail to PDF

On Tue, 2020-11-17 at 09:57 +0100, Andre Klapper via evolution-list
wrote:
Is this a problem in Evolution or in my (Linux Mint) PDF printer ?

Hard to say. Which exact Evolution version?

        Hi,
I'm afraid it's a problem of the WebKitGTK. Evolution just passes data
to it and it does whatever it wants to with it. I doubt it can
recognize real print to the PDF, it uses only styles. For example when
I try to print Andre's mail, which is plain text, then the headers lost
their mailto: "links" (more or less expected, Evolution can process
some parts differently on print), but the text part has properly styled
(blue & underlined here) the links in the Andre's signature and the
links to the mailing list, they are only not clickable.

I do not know whether this could be done at all, though. It's a
question on the WebKitGTK developers. When I print a web page from the
Epiphany (which is WebKitGTK application), then it doesn't make the
links clickable too.

        Bye,
        Milan