Re: [Evolution] Re +1 : how insert a .gif into a mail

On Sun, 2020-11-15 at 19:08 +0100, Andre Klapper via evolution-list
wrote:
On Sun, 2020-11-15 at 18:57 +0100, mario chiari wrote:
ps.
I am able to insert Angel's evolution.gif.
My .gif is a animated one, 109.0 MB, and 272 frames.
Do you  see  an issue?

Yes: "109.0 MB, and 272 frames." Good luck. :)

Hi,

the issue unlike is Evolution. It should be possible to insert or
attache an   {animated,} image   of whatever size.

A while ago I met the kids of a friend when being out for landscape
shots with a "low resolution" 24.2 megapixels amateur camera. I've taken
a snapshot of her kids and wanted to send it to her email address at
work. It was "just" a 19.4 M JPEG, but the server rejected the image,
because it was to large. I was able to sent it to her private gmx
account. Before doing this, I was able to send a little animation, a
580.3 K gif I've drawn, to my chiefess, to the same server as the server
of my friend.

I'm doing one or the other professional artwork, too, but already
sending most of my smaller sized amateur artwork by email fails very
often.

IMO it's important to point out that inserting, attaching an image
shouldn't fail. Sending large images usually fails, because email
servers usually limit the size of emails they will accept.

It's a different kettle of fish.

Regards,
Ralf