[Evolution] ews - Global Address List

Evolution v3.36.5 on openSuSE Tumbleweed, using evolution-ews with Exchange server

I have a problem understanding how fetching the GAL works. I have two machines with identical setup. The Exchange account is setup with the help of GOA (gnome online accounts) with mail, calendar, and contacts set to active. On one machine the complete list of about 150 users in my organization is shown. On the other machine it shows only like 20 of them (looks like a range of consecutive names of the middle of the list) . As soon as I start searching a particular name I get a hit, and from that moment in time this very contact ist also shown in the list.

What could be the reason for the two machines behaving so differently? I was expecting the whole list is coming up in both cases. Is there some caching involved? If so, could I somehow reset that cache? What is your advice to investigate deeper?