Re: [Evolution] Locked up computer - memory pressure relief?

On Sat, 2020-05-30 at 08:46 +0100, Steve T via evolution-list wrote:
Evolution 3.32.5 - Fedora 30

You are running an unsupported Fedora version which won't receive any
security updates anymore. "Viruses" are your smallest problem I'd say.

I had an issue this morning where my laptop 'locked up' while I was
replying to a mail. I was in the process of typing and had completed
maybe 4 or 5 lines when the laptop froze with the disc activity light
constantly on. This went on for minutes until I eventually re-powered
the machine.
The issue may not have been in Evolution at all, as I have three or
four processes start when I boot (virus scan, terminal sessions,
browser, file manager, music player...) - so it may have been just
the virus scan (clam) slowing everything down.

...is this just a perfect storm - clam, tracker... or is this problem
specifically Evolution related?

Hard to say but I've also experienced this in the past. However, first
question would be if that still happens in a recent Evolution version.

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net