From: evolution-list <evolution-list-bounces gnome org> on behalf of S. Pfeifer <pfeifer_s web de>
Sent: Saturday, May 9, 2020 12:26 AM
To: Evolution Mailing List <evolution-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Evolution Contacts recurring error

---- John Balkunas via evolution-list schrieb ----

Don't forget to tell the version you are running. I guess you installed the flatpak?

> but it seems that error message just won;t go away, AND I cannot access

> the Contacts.

> The red box/error message that opens when I switch to Contacts within

> Evolution reads as follows (the underlined part has been masked):

> --- 8< ---

> Failed to connect address book “__________ outlook com : Recipient

> Cache”

> Unknown error

> Unable to open address book “Contacts”

> This address book cannot be opened. This either means that an

> incorrect URI was entered, or the server is unreachable.

> Detailed error message: Unable to connect to “Contacts”: No such source

> I search quite a few hours and am at a total loss as to what to try

> next. I am so close.... I'd appreciate any help/suggestions.

I observed the same error with my version 3.36.2 (flatpak gitb091e19) and the only way to access was a complete reboot.  Closing and reopen seems to be a problem, some processes related to flatpak are not finished. I did not report this, because I was going to keep an eye on this to be sure. I hope that help. Anyway, please tell you version.