Re: [Evolution] Items in the trash reappear in the archive folder

On Sat, 2020-03-07 at 12:18 +0800, theapplepie differentmail com wrote:
Thanks a lot again, Pete, for your help answers. This is a helpful
explanation. I turned on "Show Deleted Messages" but fortunately no
emails were just "marked as deleted" in the IMAP folders (just in the
local folders which is a different story). But I will keep it that way
to monitor any ill behaviour.

I suspect it's an issue of trying to use features for something
they
weren't intended for.  If you need to "Archive" things, then use
the
built in archiving mechanism - it can be done manually with a key
combination or an icon on the top bar, or it can be setup to be
automatic.

Thanks again for reminding me of the archive function. And I learnt
that now it just "moves" the email to a specific folder which can be an
IMAP folder which will be synced again.
https://askubuntu.com/questions/57144/where-is-gmail-archive-option-in-evolution

Just be aware that doing this means Subscribing to the All Mail
"folder" in Gmail, which contains *everything* in every "folder" on the
account (except for Spam and Trash). That could be extremely large and
Evolution will proceed to index all of it. Currently I don't subscribe
to All Mail from Evo for that reason, though maybe I'm being over-
cautious.

poc