Re: [Evolution] Folders Unavailable During Searches

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 12:19 AM Milan Crha via evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org> wrote:
On Thu, 2020-03-05 at 21:58 -0600, Greg Oliver via evolution-list
wrote:
> when performing a search with these versions, I can no longer moves
> messages to folders that are search results.  The entire folder pane
> is grayed out.

        Hi,
check out the search panel at the top, it says:

   Show: [ All Messages ] Search: [ your text ] in [ Current Folder ]

While the first two ('Show' and 'Search') are not that important (for
this), the 'in' part is. I guess you've there something else than the
"Current Folder", which disables the folder tree. It behaves like that
to indicate that what you see is not the folder selected in the folder
tree. It works like that for a long time. You probably switched it to
"Current Folder and Subfolders", which is a new option there.

You are absolutely right - just the other day I needed to search my entire account and changed that for a search and did not put it back.  Thanks for the quick reply!

        Bye,
        Milan