Re: [Evolution] Howto make Evolution 3.36.3 send a client cert for authentication?

On Fri, 2020-06-12 at 18:08 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I did a pkill evolution and tried to pkill the other evolution-*
apps but they autorestarted.

Weird. That has never failed for me but maybe something in your DE is
restarting them (I use KDE). Try 'pkill -9 ...' or log out and in
again.

        Hi,
I'd say if they auto-restarted (their process ID changed), then the
pkill command worked. As being said, it depends on the desktop
environment. For example GNOME's gnome-shell-calendar-server keeps
(re-)starting evolution-calendar-factory whenever it's vanished. This
process requires evolution-source-registry, thus it runs it too. And if
the Birthdays & Anniversaries calendar is used by any client connecting
to the calendar factory also the evolution-addressbook-factory process
is started.

You can use `evolution --force-shutdown`, which kills the processes in
the correct order.
        Bye,
        Milan