Re: [Evolution] Full history in reply

El lun, 15-06-2020 a las 00:57 +0100, Pete Biggs escribió:

The fact that you conflate this with with top posting Microsoft,
google etc doing things is a manner which doesn't agree with your
views isn't really relevant.

Well, it is, because the Outlook style of replying makes it look like
the included messages are included as whole discrete messages - it
doesn't encourage people to trim their replies. This style of
replying
was something that Outlook did when no other email client of the time
did;

Actually to add my two cents as well, Pete is exactly right. I was an
early user of Outlook and so easily accepted the HTML default and the
top posting. I now have a friend who uses the HTML-top posting default
and, in replies to longer messages, winds up placing something like
"See ****" at the top and then inserting comments with these leading
characters in the HTML text. That works, but is much less efficient
than plain text with the ">" marking the previous material, allowing
you to find the comments easily.

Some years ago when a group I thought of joining wanted me to sign up
to use their Slack account, I had to investigate what it was and came
across a review that gushed about how much better Slack was than e-
mail. My immediate reaction was that the reviewer simply did not know
how to use e-mail.

Roy