Re: [Evolution] evolution for office 365 mfa

On Thu, 2020-06-11 at 17:45 -0400, Scott Brozell via evolution-list
wrote:
While that is stewing, here are several scenarios for using evolution:

1.  run evolution via a CLI (command line interface) / TUI (textual user
interface) from a terminal ssh-ed to a:
Linux login0 3.10.0-1062.18.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Feb 12 14:08:31 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.7 (Maipo)
# GNOME Terminal 3.28.2 using VTE 0.52.2 +GNUTLS
(the last just to show the gnome version; no GUI stuff is highly preferred)
No root access on this machine.

2.  run evolution as a CLI/TUI from a terminal window of a macOS 10.14.6.
This happens to have Fink 0.42.0; an oldie used to install some software.

3.  run evolution in a minimal GUI mode on a macOS 10.14.6.  I only want to
read/write email; I don't care about calendars or other stuff.

4.  run evolution in a minimal GUI mode on above linux.

Which of these are tractable ?  What will be the easiest to get going ?

I note that https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/
does not contain the word 'client'.

That's because there is no remote Evolution 'server' part, I guess.

Presumably evolution 3.36.x
or plain evolution.git is where i should start ?
Apologies for not reading your documentation.  Is there a quick start
for installing and using in a basic email client mode ?

Evolution is a graphical email client (or "mail user agent"), primarily
for Linux based systems. It depends on several libraries such as GTK or
evolution-data-server installed and running on the very same system.

Installation procedures for packages depend on your distribution.
Compiling and installing manually is covered on
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution#Developer_Resources

Cheers,
andre
--