Re: [Evolution] Evolution where did it move on git naming ?

On Tue, 2020-07-21 at 15:43 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Tue, 2020-07-21 at 08:18 -0500, Japhering, Anonymous via evolution-
list wrote:
I'm trying to build the lastest version of Evolution available in
flatpak.

Which instructions do you follow (URL)?

The problem appears to be that Evolution has moved from the
master/slave notation  and flatpak has not
be updated, at least not for Linux Mint.

from the attempted build

flatpak-builder --force-clean org.gnome.Evolution-stable org.gnome.Evolution-stable.json

Downloading sources
fatal: ambiguous argument 'master': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.

Looking at the contents of org.gnome.Evolution-stable.json  one finds the following section

        {
            "name": "bogofilter",
            "buildsystem": "simple",
            "build-commands": [
                "cd ./bogofilter/ && echo \"# Skip for Flatpak build\" > doc/Makefile.am && autoreconf -fi && ./configure --prefix=/app --disable-rpath --with-database=sqlite3 && make && make install"
            ],
            "sources": [
                {
                    "type": "git",
                    "url": "https://git.code.sf.net/p/bogofilter/git",
                    "branch": "master"
                }
            ]
        },

That's your conclusion but we have no idea how you came to that
conclusion as there are no steps to reproduce and no output provided.

My apologies for assuming anyone here had built Evolution and that the Evolution dev team had followed the rest of
the software development world in moving away the master/slave terminology.